Meetings usually monthly 2nd Saturday
10:00am - 12:00pm
Following up on a successful year in 2013 both activity and finance wise, the chapter continues with the following updates and plans for 2014:
- just completed the 3rd printing of our transplant book for children, Mommy Can Play Again, (<-- click here to view) which continues to be given out free (donations are always welcome) to requests from transplant programs across the country and the local Delaware Valley (NJ/PA/DE) region - books are being distributed to local community libraries and transplant program social workers as a way to introduce TRIO and engage them in our on-going activities/events
- planning continues for our 2nd annual Transplant Candidates Informational Workshop being held again this Spring, building on the experience of last year, hoping to connect with local social workers who can refer their patients to this patient driven, free workshop hosted at the Gift of Life Donor Program offices (our local OPO).
- we celebrated a successful scholarship fund raising event, raising $500 towards the national TRIO scholarship program. Local living kidney recipient, Bob Kelcher, donated a beautiful new Lionel train set as prize for the raffle that was drawn from all names who contributed to the fund. Susan Pincus won that raffle and generously donated the prize back to Bob to use for another fund raiser, paying it forward in this unique way.
- the chapter continues to work in concert with other local support groups with such on-going events such as:
... hosting a monthly support group speaker meeting, recording their presentations for the TRIO national Transplant Presentation Library (members can request DVD copies of these presentations for home viewing at any monthly meeting - for a full list of titles, go to LIBRARY (<-- click here)
... hosting a quarterly transplant movie night open to the public and more recently also offered at the local Gift of Life Transplant Family House along with a book reading event on alternate months there for resident families
... chapter members continue to be public speakers for the OPO's speaker's bureau, sharing their donor/recipient life stories to spread the message of transplant success and the urgent need for donor registrations
- the chapter's monthly electronic news letter can be viewed at NEWSLETTER featuring both members current updates and updated chapter news