(Ex-officio member: all committees)
Ex-officio member of all committees, serves as TRIO webmaster; Chair of the Nominating Committee
TRIO Philadelphia since 1996; 2010 TRIO Philadelphia Chapter President
Oct. 2010/11 TRIO National President; 2009/10 Treasurer TRIO National
- Family: married, three children, seven grandchildren, lives in Beverly, New Jersey
- Career: retired from Unisys Corp in 2005 after 36 years working in various technology roles; previous to that taught high school mathematics
- Volunteer: worked on the National Kidney Foundation TransAction Council Executive Committee; served three years on the UNOS Throracic Transplant Committee and its Heart Allocation Subcommittee; served on the UNOS MPSC (Membership and Professional Standards Committee) through 2009; currently serving a three year term on the UNOS Patient Affairs Committee; elected to the UNOS board of directors June 2012; active speaker and volunteer group leader for the (OPO) Gift of Life Donor Program's volunteer organization
- Transplant: Jim received his new heart Oct. 19, 1994 in Philadelphia at the Hospital of the University of PA (Philadelphia, PA)
- Other: reads & publishes reviews of transplant related books both for the UNOS Update magazine and the NKF transAction Council’s web site.
- Blog site: http://gleasonjim.wordpress.com
- Author: A Gift from the Heart - A Sharing of One Man's Heart Transplant Experience (book on CD is free for the asking - write to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- US Transplant Games athlete participating in the games since 1996 as a member of Team Philadelphia, medal winner several times for swimming and badminton
Jim offers TRIO: I will provide representative input from the recipient membership view on items under consideration and bring strong business organization and communication skills to support the organization through 40 years of such proven business skill success. I will serve TRIO membership by helping with creative ‘out of the box’ thinking to develop ideas and support successful implementation with my professional project management experience.
I can serve through adding strong technical talent (web design, etc.) to the existing organization, as well as proven leadership and organizational development.
275 Green St. unit 4M3
Beverly, NJ 08010