TRIO's "Transplant Presentation Library" Program growing . . .
85+ titles to date and adding more each month. . .
(and see below for recent programs now available for viewing on-line)
(last updated) April 29, 2017
Free Educational Resources
- Not able to attend that local chapter presentation?
- Missed a good presentation that you really were interested in seeing?
- Meeting presenter canceling at the last minute?
- Searching for a good presentation to offer a support group or public media event?
- Looking to watch/review a topic of interest in your own home - TV or PC screen?
How to View a Program
Each TRIO chapter has a full set of these annual volumes (12 programs each) that are offered as a lending library for chapter members. If you don't see them at a meeting, ask your president for access. Chapters are invited to nominate "chapter champions" who will be updated from the TRIO national office with the latest developments in this program to share at meetings, so the newest topics should be part of each meeting agenda. Of course you can always check this web page for the updated index which also may show some "coming attractions" of topics planned for recording in the next few months. In the most recent months, presenters have given permission for their talk to be made available for on-line viewing so you can click on their title and watch the presentation on YouTube.
Members at large (i.e., those not connected to a local TRIO Chapter) may contact the national office to make arrangements to view individual programs of interest. There is no charge for this service and members can keep programs they select with no requirement to return them. "Contact us" at the bottom of this page has address and phone information to make that request.
Across the country many Trio chapters host speaking events on many interesting topics. A new service of Trio national was launched in 2009 as an aid to both chapters and patients in making such presentations available for wider audience. The library binder and the first program were sent to each chapter President. Every two months two new DVD's are being mailed to each chapter containing presentations recorded from recent meetings where noted transplant professionals have shared on some topic of interest to our transplant community. It is anticipated your chapter may use these DVD presentations at chapter meetings and/or local events as an educational resource. Our vision is that each chapter will eventually build a Transplant Presentation Library where individual programs on DVD can also be loaned out to patients interested in the topics contained in this library for personal in home viewing.
Library Ongoing Growth
Each year there are twelve programs being released bimonthly with the library annual volumes expanding in titles as more DVD's are added. A central index is maintained here on TRIO’s website so all members can know what is available from their local chapters. While these presentations in most cases may not have been professionally recorded, they still offer a valuable resource that can be shared in many venues. The recording quality of each program continues to improve as we gain more experience in the process of capturing these presentations. If individual DVD's get lost or damaged, contact the national office for a prompt and free replacement.
Open Invitation to Contribute
Chapters are invited to record and submit their own local presentations for inclusion in this central Library. While they were provided with the Presentation Library binder sent to each chapter President, you may contact the national office for details such as a release form for speakers and technical information on how to submit recorded presentations.
Volume 4 (2012-13)
(NEW FEATURE: click on a title to read the flyer with full program details)
- Pgm 37: "Behavioral Patterns of Transplant Recipients" (60 min) by Dr. Ralph Petrucci (July 2012)
- Pgm 38: "Everything you wanted to know about how (emergency) physicians think" (but were afraid to ask) (110 min) by Zach Kassutto, MD, FAAP (August 2012)
- Pgm 39 "Healthy Transplant Vegan Eating"" (34 min) by Herbert Campbell, Exec Chef & Jefferson University Dieticians (Sept 2012)
- Pgm 40: "Writing to Your Donor Family" (60 min) by Lara Moretti, LSW, CT (Oct 2012)
- Pgm 41: "Heart Transplant Research: Why It Matters and How You Can Help" (70 min) by Drs Cappola and Margulies (Nov 2012)
- Pgm 42: "The Role of Hypnotherapy in the transplant patient"(70 min) by Nancy Kelly, certified hypnotherapist (Dec 2012)
- Pgm 43: "The History of Heart Transplantation" (84 min) by Dr. Enrique Gongora (Jan 2013)
- Pgm 44: "Post Transplant Intimacy" (74 min) - a 2012 Leadership Summit workshop with recipient panel and TRIO survey results (Feb 2013)
- Pgm 45: "Corneal Transplantation" (35 min) by Janice Anderson (CORE Eye Bank) - (Mar 2013)
- Pgm 46: "Finding Meaning in Death: Life as an Organ Donor Specialist" (50 min) by Stephanie Dziedzic, Gift of Hope organ donor specialist, Chicago, IL (April 2013)
- Pgm 47: "Xenotransplantation: Hope for the Future" (64 min) by David Cooper, MD, PhD, FRCS (May 2013)
- Pgm 48: "Gene Technology: BioMarkers in Healthcare" (70 min) by David Bull, VP Marketing, XDx (June 2013)
Volume 5 (2013-14)
(NEW FEATURE: click on a title to read the flyer with full details)
Note: programs are distributed to chapter Library champions every other month,
so some titles while ready, have not been shipped out yet - see shipping dates for each program below
- Pgm 49: "Caring for the Caregiver" (35 min) by Mike Lockovich, LSCW (July 2013)
- Pgm 50: "Living a Fulfilled Life Post Transplant through Goal Setting" (50 min) by Jim Gleason, Life Coach (Aug 2013)
- Pgm 51: "Heart Health Factors: Facts and Figures" (86 min) by Dr. Mariell Jessup (Sept 2013)
- Pgm 52: "Shift Your Fate: Life-changing Wisdom On How to Live Your Best Life Possible" (76 min) by Risa Simon ((Oct 2013) based on dialysis vs. kidney transplant life experience
- Pgm 53: "Re-conceiving Transplantation as the First Step Towards Returning to Long Term Health & Wellness" (84min) by Adlen Doyle, MD, MS, MPH (Nov '13)
- Pgm 54: "My Life As a Transplant Social Worker" (75min) by Liz Shore, MSW, CSW (Dec '13)
- Pgm 55: "Sharing Your Transplant Story" One Example" (37 min) by Jim Gleason BS, MA (Jan '14)
- Pgm 56: "Paying It Forward: A Transplant Story" (80 min) by Clint Burns (Feb '14)
- Pgm 57: "The Million Dollar Heart: A Transplant Story" (63 min) by Janet Dennis (Mar '14)
- Pgm 58: "Communicating with Your Donor Family" (<-- clik to view on-line) (105 min) by Lara Moretti with panel discussion (Apr '14)
- Pgm 59: "Brain Death Clinical Cliff Notes" (35 min) by Chris Schimpf (May '14)
- Pgm 60: "Infectious Disease and Heart Transplant Patients" (<-- click to view on-line)(90 min) by Dr. Emily Blumberg (June '14)
- Volume 6 (2014-15)
- Pgm 61: "The Survivor, the Angel, the Hero" (90 min) by MaryAnn Raccosta, mother and author (July '14)
- Pgm 62: "Transplant Life Experience from Two Sides" (90 min) by George Alburger, MSN, RN and lung recipient (Aug '14)
- Pgm 63: "Returning to a life's dream . . ." (59 min) by Lynne Samson, Esq., Retiring CEO HelpHOPELive (Sept '14)
- Pgm 64: "A Changing Kidney Allocation System" (80 min) by Cosme Manzarbeitia, M.D. , director of the CKHS Kidney Transplant Center (Oct '14)
- Pgm 65: "Starting a Kidney Transplant Program in a Region of Hyper-Competition in an Era of Hyper-Regulation" (55 min) by Charles Miller, M.D. director of the Transplant Center at the Cleveland Clinic (Oct. '14)
- Pgm #66: "Staying Healthy Years after Heart transplant: Change in Focus of Care over Time" (<-- click to view on-line) (95 min) by Pat Stutman and Maria Molina, Heart Transplant Nurse Practioners at the Hospital of the Univ of PA (Nov. '14)
- Pgm #67" "Choosing Life, A Donor Sabbath talk example" (<-- click to view on-line) by Jim Gleason, given at the Asbury UMC (Dec '14)
- Pgm #68 "The Importance of the Caregiver's Role in Transplant" (112 min) by Joell Alter, Director of Marketing and Outreach, Crozer-Chester Medical Center Kidney Transplant Program (Jan '15)
- Pgm #69 "2015 Update on transplant Technology (<-- click to view on-line) (15 min) by Howard Eisen, M.D. Chief of the Division of Cardiology at Drexel University College of Medicine (Feb '15)
- Pgm #70 "Nutrition After Transplant" (<-- click to view on-line) by Kathie King, MA RD CNSC LDN (Mar '15)
- Pgm #71 "Positive Coping in Transplant Life" (<-- click to view on-line) by Alison Steinhauser, MS PsyD (Apr '15)
- Pgm #72: "Parental Loss & A Sense of (TRIO) History" (<-- click to view on-line) by Marc Rowe son of TRIO founder, Frank Rowe (Jun '15)
- Volume 7 (2015-2016)
- Pgm #73: "My Journey of Second Chance Survivor: There are Reasons for Everything” (<- click to view on-line) by Bob Goodman (Sept '15)
- Pgm #74: "A Report from TRIO Japan" (<--click here to view on-line) by Yushi Nomura, TRIO Japan chapter president (Oct '15)
- Pgm #75: "Cancer and transplant - how to maintain your health and well being" (<- click to view on-line) by David Reich, MD, FACS (Nov '15)
- Pgm #76 "Cancer Survivor, Heart Transplant Recipient, Ironman Triathlete: The Long Road Back to Health" (<-- click to view on-line) by Derek Fitzgerald (Dec '15)
- Pgm #77 "A Year in Review: DLA 2015" (<-- click here to view) by Todd Franzen, Gift of Life Donor Program (Jan '16)
- Pgm #79 "When a patient becomes your surgeon" (<-- click here to view) by Silke Niederhaus, U of MD abdominal transplant surgeon ((Mar '16)
- Pgm #80 "Familial Cardiomyopathy" (<- click her to view) by Anjali Tiku Owens, MD and panel (Apr '16)
- Pgm #81 "Malignanccies After Transplantation:the Heart of the Matter" (<-- click here to view) by Dr. Rhondalyn McLean (May '16)
- Pgm #82: "Applying Genetic Technologies to Transplantation Patient Care” (<-- click here to view) by Brendan Keating, PhD (Jun '16)
- Pgm #83: "White House Organ Summit" (<-- click here to view, BUT skip first 32 minutes of just title) (Jul '16)
- Pgm #83 extra: Action summary document from the White House Organ Summit (<-- click here to download the PDF document)
- Pgm #84 part 1 of 2: "Heart Transplant Patients and Cancer" - this first part is by Rhondalyn Forde-McLean, MD MHS (<-- click to view) addressing the various types of post-transplant cancers and how they are treated (using hearts as her focus) (Nov' '16)
- Pgm #84 part 2 of 2: "Heart Transplant Patients and Cancer" - this second part is by Chris Miller MD & Thuzar Shin MD PhD (<-- click to view) addressing the various types of post-transplant skin cancers and how they are treated (Nov' '16)
- Pgm #85: "The Power of the Patient Project" (<-- click to view) by Kelly Miller &Anna Rulli of Arcadia University (Mar '17)
- Pgm #86: "Aromatherapy for the Caregiver (and the Transplant Patient too!)" (<-- click to view) by Dr. Susan Kristiniak of Univerity of Pennsylvania Health System (Apr '17)
- with many more to come each month
stay tuned . . .